Caution, not all essential oils are safe:
· Not all essential oils are manufactured according to high quality standards;
· Individual allergic reactions are always possible;
· Extra care must be taken when pregnant; and
· Some oils are photosensitizing (cause allergic reactions to sunlight) and shouldn't be applied to exposed skin.
Additional safety information is included in Aromatherapy Software for PC and Aromatherapy, Essential Oils & Bach Flowers eBook (Kindle edition).
How does Aromatherapy work?Smell acts through the medium of the subconscious and the nervous system. The olfactory nerves, which transmit smell, feed the information to the limbic system which processes the information. This may then trigger a corresponding reaction in the brain, mind and, consequently, through the nervous system, trigger a reaction anywhere in the body.
Conditions which have responded well to treatment with Aromatherapy include Mood-enhancement in general:
· Back problems
· Eating disorders
· Hormonal imbalance
· Low blood pressure
· Motion sickness
· Muscle strain
· Nose problems
· Poor circulation
· Skin conditions
· Varicose veins
· Water retention
· Angelica root: Anorexia, Convalescence, Digestive problems, Flatulence|
· Anise seed: Flatulence, Intestinal spasms and cramps, Migraine headaches
· Basil: Memory problems, Gastritis, Nervousness, Migraine headaches
· Cinnamon: Circulation, Heart, Influenza, Gastro-intestinal problems
· Clary Sage: Anxiety, Depression, High Blood Pressure, Menstruation
· Cloves: Lungs, Infections, Pain, Gastro-intestinal problems, Impotence, Memory
· Eucalyptus: Colds, Sore throat, Chest/Lung/Bronchial problems
· Geranium: Throat problems, Tonsillitis, Nervousness, Menopause
· Jasmine: Skin problems, Frigidity, Impotence, Sadness, Menopause
· Lavender: Stress, Headaches, Skin problems, Acne, Colds, Bronchitis
· Rosemary: Bronchitis, Liver problems, Memory, Depression, Glands
· Ylang ylang: Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Nervousness, Insomnia
Proof of Effectiveness / Clinical Studies: "Gouttes aux Essences", a double-blind study about Chronic Bronchitis and the effect of Aromatic substances. Published in: Phytotherapy Research Vol 3, 1989.
Download Aromatherapy.exe / More Information
~ a package of ten comprehensive programs for one discount price.